Thursday 26 April 2012

Another workday.

Unaccustomed as I am to working, I was really tired by the time I got home, having driven to Solihull college, worked with one student for 75 minutes & driven home again, via Knowle, to do a little shopping.
Anyway, we got a lot done during the session & if the student puts in the diagrams, by hand, over the weekend, as promised, he will have completed his first assignment of the year - the school/college year.
The group is about a dozen in all.
They are on their eighth assignment & most have either not finished or not passed the first seven, although all of the practical work is done, by some amazing teacher, as the results I've seen are perfect!

College isn't like school, lots of free time, it seems, & attendance at tutorials is optional. In other words, the tutorials have to be attractive to induce attendance - I could cope with >one at a time.
Satisfying & appreciated by the two students I've worked with so far - they all have Friday off, apparently!
Back in on Monday, hoping to fit tennis in first, but I'll have to cancel "lunch with the girls" from school.

BP check & shopping ready for the big lunch on Sunday, before picking up J & Th from school, tomorrow.
I'm considering cooking one of "The Apprentice" meals from last night's programme- posh street food - Aberdeen Angus beef casserole/haggis.
This or W's pork Wellington.
Any better ideas?


No comments: