Tuesday 10 April 2012

Happy easter.

Not an egg in sight!
After a productive afternoon in the garden on Saturday I baked cakes for Church on Sunday morning, to celebrate Easter & a chocolate cake to take to JR.
We had a good turnout at Church, despite some strange priest writing in all the papers that it may be better to celebrate Easter by staying in bed, eating chocolate & having sex than going to a draughty Victorian Church!
I can't find self-indulgence anywhere in the Easter message - I don't think the "He is risen" refers to getting out of bed, satiated.
What do I know?
Read Rowan Williams if you want something to think about.
(Our church isn't Victorian & was warm. It's main failing is the noise from the heaters partially obliterating the minister's voice. Roll on summer!)

After Church we packed up a lunch & drove to Cambs to see JR.
I cooked lunch whilst G spent the afternoon at Duxford.
Today we went to Anglesey Abbey, between Cambridge & Newmarket.
A new experience for JR, as we borrowed a NT wheelchair & walked through the gardens to the mill - about 1/4 mile.
Hard work!
JR did offer to push me, on the way back - had it been much further/steeper incline I may have been tempted to accept.
The gardens are beautiful & fragrant - one area has stark white birch trees & pink anemones (I think) & was amazing.
We had a nice/overpriced lunch then went to see Mary & co.
We left at 6.00pm, leaving JR in carer Sam's hands.

What am I doing up at this time of night?
Actually, I slept for most of the A14, having found the day pretty stressful.

I've done half of the telegraph crossword!!!
Wow!!!

No comments: