Tuesday 28 June 2011

Well done Andy....

I hope that I will have to use that title three more times this week.
I only caught the first few games, watching with Thomas, who declared that he liked watching tennis.Otherwise I just caught the odd glimpse as we were in & out of the garden, but he didn't seem to have had a problem (Andy, not Thomas)
Today is the big day, down to London on the train to meet aj, then Wimbledon tomorrow, Court 2.
My first visit since I was a teenager. Aj & I drove down in the Imp & parked somewhere nearby - the days before "Hospitality", when you went for the tennis only, not the social scene.
William & Catherine were there yesterday, I was pleased to see the next generation of royals taking an interest. They do have the benefit of some pretty good seats & on Centre court.
I've watered the garden, dead-headed the pansies & started the ironing, all before 7.00am.
It will be an early night tonight, I guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was a very fine match, we must have a new favorite to follow when our star lost - Caroline ---I goes of and on sitting inside in the sun is too hard.
It will rain thursday so then there is good excuses to watch a lot.
t

William said...

Have a good day and don't forget some sun screen!