Wednesday 8 June 2011

Tennis off.

Shame, I was looking forward to playing this morning, but only three available & raining - I'll catch up on-line & perhaps go for a run, now the rain has stopped.
I baptised Olivia Sophia Maria on Sunday lunchtime, I had taught her big sisters & so knew quite a few of the biggish congregation.
A very happy occasion.
Later I went to Bicester, in time for dinner, & had a day out with T & KP on Monday - train to Oxford then a walking tour, navigated by T, lunch at McD, ice cream at Thorntons & a little light shopping. We ventured as far as Gap - not only M&S nowadays!
We went to the brilliant garden centre where we bought fruit bushes, lavender & tomatoes in hanging baskets before tea.
G had sorted the Lotus, etc.
Yesterday we dug the border & planted the fruit bushes opposite the conservatory - they will give the pigeons purpose in life, it seems.
We went to Kathy Broads funeral at NW at mid-day -a very full church for such a sad occasion.
We went to Lea Marston Hotel afterwards for a while & met more of the family, some old school friends & many locals - a good do!
The fridge was like the Monty Python cheese shop - deficient in food, so I shopped at Ventura Park whilst G mowed.
Jenny & Brian came to dinner (greek salad, pan fried salmon with asparagus, home-made hollandaise, tender stem & Jersey royals, followed by strawberries, cream & ice cream, then cheese, chocolate cake & coffee)
We had a some years of catching up to do as they travel a good deal, Ethiopia was their last destination, which sounded fascinating.
They have 13 grandchildren!
Edwin & J have shared an employer, with similar shortcomings.
G has made coffee, very heavy rain is stopping me from gardening, running or putting out the washing, nothing to feel guilty about & no need to water the tomatoes!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if J is J of J and B who the F*** is Edwin.
Gordon Bennett, not previously mentioned, I am lost in the suds of your soap, though no mention of scum, in this the cleanest of deodorised blogs. Carbolic.

Anonymous said...

J is J of J&G - James & Gina.
Edwin Teall is son of Jenny & Brian, a fellow chiropractor.
He went to school with W & B.
I save all of the many dirty bits for my novel - "Gill's Titbits"
g

Anonymous said...

Ah ha, but you have broken the code and declared the true identities of the characters in the spin-off.

William said...

Confused?
I am and I am even supposed to know who some of these people are!

Anonymous said...

It's inherited!
I often find that I'm confused when dealing with more than one person at a time.
i put it down to being a twin, either that or age.
m

Anonymous said...

It's inherited!
I often find that I'm confused when dealing with more than one person at a time.
i put it down to being a twin, either that or age.
m

Anonymous said...

It's inherited!
I often find that I'm confused when dealing with more than one person at a time.
i put it down to being a twin, either that or age.
m

Anonymous said...

New York, New York!!

Anonymous said...

Groundhog days!

William said...

say it again, say it again

Now then, now then