Saturday 25 June 2011

Well done Andy.

A brilliant match yesterday, Andy Murray against the Croatian man mountain.
I've watched more of Wimbledon this year than ever before, a result of being at JR's, where we tend to sit down in the afternoons & evening matches due to the roof over the centre court.
I'm catching up on ratings & players so that I can hold a conversation with aj on the subject.
There have been some great matches so far, hopefully more to come, specifically on Court 2 on Wednesday!

The weather is strange, April in June; warm with showers, varying from light to storm force downpours.
We had quite heavy rain yesterday from tea-time, overnight, so the garden looks lush & green.
The washing, on the other hand, looks a little damp & dripping.
The trick is to get it in at the precise moment when it is drier than when it went out, before the rain starts again.
Not putting it out is not an option as nature intends that we hang wet things on a string in the garden to dry.
Nature before technology!

G is on a motorcycle course!
He wants to ride in Vietnam on his next visit, rather than ride pillion.
He does not want a bike!!!!

I am writing a sermon for tomorrow  - Romans 6, 12 - end. Miserable sinners.
Anyone else fond of Pelagius, who committed the first heresy of the early church by denying original sin.
It's more fun than it sounds, really!
I'd better finish it before I'm found playing!

Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pelagius,a red herring, predating St Augustine's doctrine of original sin.

Anonymous said...

Augustine, 354 - 430.
Pelagius, 354 - 420/440.
I am no theologian, but I understood that Pelagius actually denied Augustine's doctrine of original sin, stating that "men were born good & Adam's example of sinning caused the problems.
I'm a simple soul.....
g

Anonymous said...

A bottom feeder !

Anonymous said...

What does that mean?
Is it insulting?
I don't think that herrings are bottom feeders, but I can't google it without losing this page.
I'm no fish expert....
g

Anonymous said...

The difference between drifting and trawling.