Thursday 19 August 2010

Did I really say that?







Photos from yesterday.

Digging out tree roots - did I say that it sounded like a tiring day?
We went out at 9.00am, stopped only briefly for a glass of squash, & came in shortly after 4.00pm, absolutely knackered.
We dug out three of the conifer roots next to the hedge on the side lawn, this involved chopping, sawing, undermining & towing with the car. It was very hard work - G worked much harder than me, I'm not as strong as I used to be.
We came in & had a shower & a nice cup of tea, before collecting the paper & something easy for a meal - don't bother with Co-op Thai green chicken curry, even if you are tired, egg on toast would beat it hands down.
Rain forecast for tomorrow so we may have to rethink the day with Jessie & Thomas - at least it won't involve any digging!

No comments: