Monday 22 March 2010

Work, work, work.

Spring arrived yesterday - bright, sunny & warm, so nice in fact that G spent the day in the garden & only went to P&A's at 5.00pm, to complete the work in the kitchen. I weeded the borders around the house, washed the car & dried two loads of washing on the line.
When G went out I loaded up with bin liners & went to collect the litter in Hollylands & Castle Lane - 4 bags in all - one sneaked into the wheelie bin at the Manor House, one left in a gateway for G to collect on his way home & two carried home & put in the bin. I left a diving gas cylinder on the verge for G to collect.

Today was a school day - not bad at all. G took me & went to the garage to discuss the Lotus.
It will cost a lot & we have no idea how long it will take to get a new dashboard.
We went to Ventura Park M&S after school - I forgot the horror of shopping with G.
I did buy a vest in the sale & some scrummy food, reduced to half price - lamb shanks, smoked salmon, pork loin & Singapore noodles.
I've been asked to work on Thursday & Friday; I may as well as I have two weeks Easter holiday following that & it will pay for my vest.
We have pizza & salad for dinner, I'm not sure why as we rarely eat pizza because of the calories.
I'm starving, so I'll get it ready now.

4 comments:

William said...

What's wrong with the Lotus?

Anonymous said...

what's wrong with the dashboard?
we need photos in order to make constructive suggestions.
wrm

Anonymous said...

It 'caught fire' whist in for an MOT test. Actually condensation steaming off but the garage opened the dash with a screwdriver(!) to apply a fire extinguisher (thankfully CO2). It's a skinned foam item and quite broken up as a result of this well intended but unfortunate action.
Trouble is that trim parts are not readily available (car is 17years old and they only made a few thousand so we'll have to wait and see what is available - may be parts from a scrapped one or possibly (and expensive)new part (c.£2k apparently though nthat might be the complete dash assembly). All in hand courtesy of insurance and Paul Matty.
One constructive suggestion might be to scrap it and buy another but the car is still holding a significant value and Lotus in F1 may mean that value actually rise. The thing has 'classic status' being the only FWD Lotus ever and the best handling car of all time according to some reports.Originality therefore matters and I don't want a bodged up dash on the thing or it will be unsaleable. GBN

Anonymous said...

Or, as I would have put it, the idiot at Kingsbury Garage thought that he saw smoke from the dashboard & jemmied it off& let off a fire extinguisher into it.
That was a fortnight last Monday, Paul Matty collected it on the Tuesday (undriveable) & we have no notion of when it will be returned & so have only one car & I am working 2+ days/week.
Look on the bright side though, I have tomorrow off & a bike & it might be a nice day weatherwise.
g