Wednesday 24 March 2010

Happy Birthday Ben.

Ben is now 34.
That is pretty grown up, I suppose, but not as grown up as W.
I hope that he will enjoy the little "objets d'art" that we found as a gift - it almost jumped off the shelf at us, with B's name on it. We will deliver it on Saturday, when we have a double babysitting contract in Oxon.

I had a day off today; the first one for a few weeks or so it feels.
I played tennis for a couple of hours this morning. the first time since November.
It was great fun, fresh & bright.
My shoulder was fine & I was playing quite well but a bit slow at the net.
I was home by noon so that G could go to town for a meeting.
I had a smoked salmon & salad sandwich, spent too long on the internet looking at things to do in Newquay, following up a cheap holiday in Havana & checking weeks of lottery tickets.
No luck there.
I did some washing, hung the duvet on the line to air, cleaned the lounge fireplace to mark the end of winter & cleaned downstairs, just so that G wouldn't think that I had been sitting down all day.
I still have exam papers to mark & the bed to make up.

Was W at the Ballerup velodrome watching the world cycling championships & eyeing up a new bike?
We did watch it for a while, just incase

4 comments:

William said...

I would like to have gone but I am too busy at the moment.

I'm not surprised that the holiday in Cuba was cheap if you managed to fit it into the middle of the day between tennis, a sandwich and airing the duvet!

That was a really dull post by the way :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't care because it was a very enjoyable day - I decided against the cheap holiday in Cuba anyway.
g

Anonymous said...

Pot calling kettle black!

Anonymous said...

Boring blog eh - Pot calling kettle black!