Sunday 7 March 2010

D Ream physicist.

We have had a cold, beautifully sunny weekend, so we have accumulated another vast bonfire from G's hedgecutting - G may be lighting it even as I blog.

According to the Telegraph. the Boscombe reef is rubbish because it produces the wrong sort of wave so it has attracted very few surfers. It was only completed in November so perhaps it hasn't been given a fair chance yet.
I certainly shan't be tempted until the weather warms up, so won't be taking my wet suit to Bournemouth next week, just a paint brush & sleeping bag.
Two days teaching & a couple of revision classes to do first.
The Lotus goes for an MOT at Kingsbury garage tomorrow which necessitated my washing the cars this afternoon as we all know that only clean cars get an MOT!
It also necessitates my remembering that the car is at the garage when I come out of school, otherwise I panic as I assume that my car has been stolen & I have no way of getting home.

P, A, J & T stayed last night. They all behaved very well & are welcome back any day.
It is lovely to hear J & T giggling around the house. We fed some very hungry ducks, geese & a couple of swans on the reservoir this morning, walking back across the field from the Lower Green.
The other highlight of the weekend was the pack of beagles that met at Maxstoke castle & followed a runner to the village then across the path that we came back along, across the field to Hollylands.
When they reached Hollylands they were meant to turn right & go back to the castle. Unfortunately, at that moment a hare ran across the road from our garden to go into the field opposite, so they all headed in this direction, some into the garden, some into the field, with the master in hot pursuit, whip in hand, expletives escaping.
They didn't catch anything.
The master admired our pear tree & invited us to the next meet at the castle.

Professor Brian Cox, particle physicist & ex pop star, presents a really good science programme on Sunday evenings - Wonders of the Solar System. It does coincide with David Dimbleby's "Seven Ages of Britain", but you can catch this later in the week.

4 comments:

William said...

I don't understand the D Ream thing.

Anonymous said...

Name of the group.

William said...

I'm quite sure that the writer of the blog doesn't know who D Ream are...

Anonymous said...

Do so.
g