Tuesday 23 March 2010

The Lotus is poorly!


Apparently I didn't blog this - dashboard jemmied off the Lotus by the garage proprietor after he gave it an MOT, as he saw steam from the instrument panel & diagnosed it as smoke.
The fire extinguisher didn't help a lot, so LTS 100M has been at the Lotus hospital for over two weeks with no news of transplants or date of discharge. (yuk!)
We are left with one car, I'm working 2+ days/week & G has meetings.
No problem.
Well, it's usually Friday for me as I finish the working week on Tuesday.
This will be a short weekend as I'm working on Thursday & Friday again as the supply teacher covering for the maths teacher, off until after Easter following a back operation 3 weeks ago, was told that she wouldn't be needed, so she took another job.
She is the second supply covering for him, the first lasted one week.
I shall be working 3 days/week next half term (Mon, Tues & Wed) to cover my 3 year 11 lessons & the rest of the timetable of the NQT who is quitting teaching.
This leaves his 3 year 11 lessons to cover.
Strangely, they are also taking on two other supply staff to cover Mon & Tuesdays for the half term, so that the 2 remaining year 11 classes can be split 3 ways, to give them every chance of success, for their remaining 6 weeks in school. That's about 18 pupils maximum between 3 teachers. That leaves both supply teachers with 7 lessons free at the moment. Mad!
Anyway, I shall be earning my keep.
G has a meeting tomorrow so I shall catch up at home; I may cycle to Coleshill if the weather is good - none of these "slush rides" for me.

Ben has a birthday tomorrow.
I am not old enough to have a son that old!

4 comments:

William said...

It's turned blue!

Anonymous said...

It's the light at this time of year - it's still medina green, as in the old capital of Malta.
Even mentioning it makes we want to go on holiday.(or even drive with the roof down)
m

Anonymous said...

It has also grown rollover hoops. Could it be that it isn't our car?

Anonymous said...

OK, so I didn't go out & take a photo of the car that we haven't got because it is in the garage in Bromsgrove awaiting repair.
Caught red-handed.
It's a nice photo anyway, even if it is underwired.
g