Sunday 14 March 2010

Happy Mothering Sunday.

I arrived back from Boscombe last night, having visited B & E, J, but not G, on the way home.
B & T had just come in from the garage, having been working on the car.T looked just like his Dad at that age when he'd been mechanics mate. KP was in the bath, in good voice.
G & I have spent four days sprucing up the flat & public areas in the block before it goes on the market.
It looked really good when we had finished, newly painted, carpets cleaned & dressed for the photos.
G stayed down to finish the work on the entrance, I will go down after school on Tuesday.
We did have time for the odd walk down to the beach & along the pier in the sunshine.
It was pretty cold until Saturday - hats & gloves needed on the prom.

This morning I took Mothering Sunday services at Shustoke & Over Whitacre. OW had "The Birmingham Cavy Society Show" in the church hall - not a tail in sight but parking space on the adjoining field only.
I've shopped at Ventura Park this afternoon as the house was devoid of anything edible & I survived the morning on a cup of coffee & a couple of biscuits after church at Shustoke.
We surreptitiously lifted a report on " The 30 best red wines for under a fiver " from The Times" yesterday, when in a cafe in Boscombe. This included a fair number with big discounts from supermarkets, so I raided JS & M&S for their best deals, before they were all snapped up.
A bit of a dodgy occupation for a Sunday afternoon, I suppose.
When I got home there was a lovely vase of lilies from P, A , J & T.
This morning I found a parcel from B,E, T & KP, which I had overlooked last night, with a lovely top, ready for the holiday.
Thanks to you all.

I only just managed to get Internet access, by switching off the modem at the mains for ten minutes, whilst I filled a hotty & paired up the socks & put them away,then switching on again.
I'm not sure that the activities are vital, but it did work.
I watched a very old "Father Ted" to keep awake - I haven't seen them before & find them very funny.

School tomorrow, followed by an Alms Houses trustees meeting here.
Time for bed.
Have a good week.

3 comments:

William said...

I am really sorry that I missed Mothering Sunday. It is a different day here so I didn't get any of the usual subtle marketing prompts to do anything.

You can have a card in May when we celebrate it here :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it - the rest of the year contact is mhat matters.
m

Anonymous said...

Mhat is presumably the Indian spelling! or perhaps a derivative of Mater (L.