Saturday 17 October 2009

Have I got news for you?

No great news, that's what I'm watching - Martin Clunes in the chair.
It's very good.
They have just shown a woman of 100 winning the shot put in the age group, 100 - 104, in Brisbane. She also throws the javelin.

I had a very good time yesterday. Thomas & I went to Brueton Park, fed the ducks, splashed in the puddles, kicked through the leaves on the way across to the playground, then had lunch in Macdonalds.
T then went in his buggy & slept for an hour around the shops & halfway back across the park.
We collected Jessie from school, had tea whilst J went swimming then I came home at the & went to the Wheelers for dinner, along with the Pears, Manders & Swindells.
Transport was arranged & I got home late.
I've had a great day; I didn't get up until 8.30am then went to clean the church then on to the Woodwards coffee morning then on to shopping in Coleshill, Knowle & Solihull.
I have all of the ingredients for a wonderful Sunday lunch, a Piquot ware hot water jug, two silk & one linen skirts for my holiday & a bunch of yellow chrysanthemums to augment the altar flowers in church in the morning.
I've since done the ironing, vacuumed & made up the beds for next weekend as I've a busy week.
I went into Help the Aged & they had a copy of "The God of small things" by A Roy, the book that I wanted. 50p
On the back of such a successful couple of days, I bought a lottery ticket.
I haven't dared check it !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems apt that Help the Aged could help you with that book. Is it the large print version?
W

Anonymous said...

How rude!

Anonymous said...

No.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
My eyes are as good as the rest of me.
m