Monday 12 October 2009

Another fun day at the funny farm.

I hope that you are all watching "Life" on BBC1 - the latest David Attenborough series, three years in the making & amazing.
I have just sat down, after dinner - green salad with flaked Parmesan & fresh croutons followed by lemon & herb crusted salmon with golden new potatoes & sugar snaps - to relax whilst G finalises holiday arrangements on the internet.
I find that it's best to keep well out of it.
Last night I had forgotten this!
So I am relaxing at the end of a relaxing day.
I played tennis in the sunshine this morning, which was great & did my shoulder the world of good.Then I pottered to Solihull for the opening, after refurbishment, of my favourite charity shop & shook hands with the Mayor - I've not seen him in there before, or perhaps it's that he was wearing his chain today.
G was home just before me, which was not in the plan. I hoped to be in my garden clothes, looking as though I'd been "hard at it " all afternoon, before he arrived.

I finished my Ian Rankin book this morning so have to decide on what to read next.
Any recommendations?
Nobody has commented on the new Dan Brown yet.

T may need a nurse tomorrow, so an early night is on the cards.
DK is completely irrigated & is due in for surgery on 18 Nov so I,m planning a Danish break to do some Granny duty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that make Solihull thefunny farm then. Certainly full of the inmates. Did you feel at home?

Anonymous said...

I suppose that it makes P & A's the funny farm.
This was not intended!!
Mind you, Thomas thought it was funny.
m