Tuesday 13 May 2008

Happy Birthday Tim!.

Tim is 4 today.
I did a "sleepover" at Tim's last night; he assured me that he was bigger now that he was 4, when he came to see me early this morning.
I'm sure that he will have enjoyed his day.

Last week, we spent an idyllic week in Cornwall, basking in the sun with a big part of the family, including AJ & 4 of the grandchildren.
We stayed in a delightful cottage a mile from the beach at Crackington Haven, a beautiful, quiet bay with a river running down the beach, rock pools & spectacular cliffs.
We spent days playing on the beach there or in Bude on Summerleaze beach.
AJ & I had last been here 14 years ago; for a number of years we took school parties to Adventure International, an activity holiday centre in the centre of Bude, canoed on the canal, abseiled down the cliffs, tried to surf on Summerleaze beach & walked on the cliffs, amongst other activities.
It was a pleasure to see the youngsters from the centre on the beach with their instructors, doing a grand job.
We visited Tintagel, looked around the "Old Post Office", originally a medieval long house, redesigned over the years, we climbed up to the castle & rewarded ourselves with a fish & chip lunch.
We walked around Boscastle & out to the end of the harbour in hot sunshine.
It was great.
I really think that you cannot better Britain for a sea-side holiday, if the sun shines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the big part a sizest comment ? How will I ever get my 'Rent a Guest(comes with own tent and sleeping bag) initiative' off the ground ? Maybe that should be 'Rent a Pensioner' now they can travel free anywhere on the buses- has a better feel good factor. aj

Anonymous said...

i'm sure that there must be some mileage in aj's "Rent to a pensioner" scheme.
Only concern is that they may not be so keen on the camping bit.
I will camp when they do tents with beds & en suite.
g

william said...

I completely agree with you about Cornwall as you probably know.
It's a pretty big IF though about the rain.
There is also the fact of ocean temperatures - I was quite old before I realized that the sea can actually be warm. I don't mean the Med though - that is still cold!
WRM