Monday 19 May 2008

Fn & all that.

I am trying a new tactic today.
The discerning reader may have noticed that my recent blogs have not had very satisfactory conclusions/completed the day.
This has been due entirely to the fact that I have fallen asleep before completing the blog.
It is 1.46pm, J is asleep, W & K are in Solihull. I feel very alert, having just eaten a rather fine sausage sandwich for lunch (not my usual "healthy option") & am confident that I will finish the blog & even manage to post some holiday photos without "nodding off".
I would have blogged earlier but had "no network connection"
W has explained the purpose of the "F" keys - not what I had thought at all - nothing to do with relieving frustration, so I'm up & running!

Yesterday I delivered all of my Christian Aid envelopes in the morning after church & collected most of them in again in the evening, poor light forcing an early retirement at 9.00pm.
OK, so it was a day late, but nobody noticed/minded.
Please give generously as it is a very good cause, has negligible admin costs & is quite hard work for the collectors - I am lucky having such a friendly patch.
£11 will buy enough banana seeds to provide food for a family in Bolivia - other fascinatng facts on your envelope.
Three of the family, with spouses, & five of the grandchildren came in the afternoon. They played very well together, riding things in the garden, camping with E in the lounge, watching "Cars" & helping to prepare dinner. Tim washed everything made of cloth that was not being worn & cleaned the filter on the tumble drier.
We had an early dinner. (cottage pie with vegetables, rice pudding & bread & butter pudding,created by W).

Today, W & K have walked around the reservoir, J cycled, then came home & had brunch.
I went to Kingsbury school to see friends & confirm my availability for the remainder of the term.
J & I are now taking it easy!
The good news is that I have just spoken to Radley bags.
I bought a "purple pocket bag" at the end of February, whilst in Wetherby with aj, Santa Claus having failed to deliver the goods.
Last week I noticed that one side of the bag was completely faded - the side facing outwards when in use - following our sunny holiday in Cornwall.
Radley confirmed that there is a problem with both the purple & teal dyes used & that they will replace my bag with a brown or black one if I return it.
I think that I shall have an antique brown one.
Strangly, they still have the deficient colours for sale on the internet.

W & K want fish & chips tonight, so I have a lazy afternoon.
Not even any ironing left to do.
Perhaps I'll enter the competitions in my Good Housekeeping & Coast magazines.
It's a hard life!
Crackington Haven, beachcombing.
Beach Dudes!

Boscastle harbour.

AJ saying farewell to Bude on a fantastic morning.

Tim's birthday party - a "high point", when J mounted the wall bars, out of Dad's reach!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The discerning reader was glad to hear you enjoyed your fine sausage sandwich, especially since the poor people of Bolivia were only dining on banana seeds.

Anonymous said...

It's more delayed satisfaction than that.
I think that they are intended to plant the seeds & wait.....

Anonymous said...

I've heard of the deferred gratification of the middle classes, but to ask a Bolivian farmer to wait years to grow a banana tree, when they can grow skunk today and live like lords is probably a no-brainer.

Anonymous said...

You're given the seeds & a dibber, so why not, unless you're too high to put them in the right way up.
g

Anonymous said...

How does the altitude affect dibbing ?

Anonymous said...

Gravity is marginally less, necessitating a greater force on the dibber.
g