Tuesday 27 May 2008

Back to work (for some)

Yesterday, the weather was cool, very wet & windy.
G went into work as he was unable to do anything outside, walk or cycle.
Obviously, I wasn't sufficiently entertaining, so I went to the gym, bought some scrummy food at M&S & came home to look after G.
We slumped in front of the TV after dinner & watched "Life after people" - how the Earth would change over the next 1000 years if the people disappeared. They did disappear, no corpses or anything, just no people. Dogs & rats died of boredom with no-one to aggravate (moles as well, no doubt) & the plants took over.

This morning we were up early as G had meetings all over the North of England.
I planned to go to the gym early on, but started by sorting out my wedding outfit for the weekend, in case I needed to buy anything. This cost me 2 hours as I sorted out the wardrobes & took a pile of clothes & some strange objets d'a to the Hospice Shop in Knowle, en route to the gym.
Afterwards, I visited M&S for a cup of tea & cake (drink 1/2 price with cake, after 2.00am)
I did have a look in the dress departments in John Lewis & M&S, but saw nothing of interest.
Drove home, swept up the tree debris & prepared dinner - olives, welsh lamb chops with new potatoes, sugar snaps & redcurrant jelly, summer pudding with creme fraishe, then "The Apprentice"
Hurray, hurray,that self-deluding, egotistical, arrogant, conniving, two-faced little toe-rag, Michael, was fired.
Time for bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For once Sophocles did not deserve to be fired as he did actually sell something which Helene did not, but it was clear he had lost the will to fight, lie, cheat etc
So he wasn't all bad.

Anonymous said...

Which bit was good?
g