Sunday 25 May 2008

Grannny, Granny, Granny....

Both Friday & Saturday were "Granny days", hence no blogs as I fell asleep when I sat down after dinner.
Jessie & Thomas on Friday, to the park in the morning to check out the swings & the slides, then home to lunch.
Thomas & I can drive to Brueton Park, walk across the park to the town centre, have a cup of tea /bottle in John Lewis & do the return journey in the time Jessie is at nursery.
There is little time to spare &, to be honest, Thomas doesn't walk far, but he enjoys the scenery & I enjoy the walk.
Tim & KP on Saturday whilst B & E went to London to see the queen, so Tim told me.
I think that she may have been busy as they settled for "Joseph" instead!
We visited the local barracks in the morning, en route to the swimming pool, after lunch we walked to the local playground & then did a little light shopping to take on "Percy Pigs" in M&S.
Bathtime was fun; Tim soaked me over the shower cubicle, on purpose, I suspect. KP was taken short whilst on my knee, wrapped in a bath towel.
Both days were great fun; thank goodness I went to the gym on Thursday!
All of this activity necessitated my getting up at 6.00am this morning to complete my sermon (Love your enemies...) in time for Morning Prayer at 9.30 & 11.00.
The weather was cold, wet & windy so G went into work for the day, I had an unplanned nap after church then baked, ironed, sewed & prepared dinner. (British asparagus followed by coq au vin)

We watched a fascinating programme about Tibet this evening.

Shopping guide:
Aj recommends the Meal for two for £10 at M&S*, which includes two courses & a bottle of wine. Sounds good to me!
*Not available in Denmark.
Wet again tomorrow; not a gardening day.

2 comments:

William said...

Sounds like a fun few days. J left us some presents on the living room floor on Sunday morning whilst trying out some pants. Thanfully he didn't leave them on the carpet.

Anonymous said...

Where was J wearing the pants that they failed to catch anything?
A good reason to wear shoes in the house?
m