Monday 27 August 2007

Better chance of elevenses today!

Birthday dinner - cheers!
Angkor Wat G descending from very top - recognise him?
Relief at Angkor Wat
Angkor Thom (the big city) - many big faces

& an extra one!

bah, bah.







Previous attempts a uploads failed becauase of large file size and pathetic connection speeds in the cybershops! Here are some from my birthday and todays Tomb Raiding.
Up & out at 5.30 am to enjoyTa Prohm with only the birds & ants for company.
Magical!
The serious damage was caused by deliberate action in the 1600s when the Thai ruled, the tree damage being minor in comparison and causing more than a few archeological challenges.
Images seem to have a little in common with buses!
Elevenses was water, 35 degrees, so necessary.
I'll do snappy captions, whether I can post them is another matter.
Flight to Phnom Penh tomorrow - I can't write that without checking.
gG

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures! you put my mobile blogging to shame! - I just use my phone.
I remember those steps - narrow and scary and the ones on the other side were MUCH worse.
M stayed at the bottom with the guide but I went to the top.
Hope you have tried "Amok" the chicken or fish curry served in a coconut. The vivid colored sago desserts are great too and the ice cream.
We are off to Seoul on Thursday.
Belated Happy Birthday too
WRM

William said...

God pictures, sometimes the text just doesn't make sense!
Is there anything wrong with a full sentence?
Glad to see you are having a good time.

Anonymous said...

Do the photos on the blog mean that there are no photos to show when you get home??!!!

Anonymous said...

The only witness of the nuclear explosion was petrified into white marble. The water she was drinking became a clear, green, translucent solid.
WRM

Anonymous said...

easy to detect the difference between g and G

Gill said...

What do you mean "doesn't make sense"?
I thought that technology didn't allow full sentences - I've got a book of text speak somewhere.

No, Ben.

There has been no explosion here.

Yes, I agree. I get taken over sometimes