Friday 10 August 2012

Whew, what a scorcher!

Obviously the summer weather was all saved up for the Olympics.
Yesterday was a fantastic day, hot & sunny all day; I had to drag myself in from the garden just before eight o'clock, fearing that g would be in a state of collapse due to lack of food if he waited any longer for dinner.
I need not have worried as he had found a glass of wine & a large bag of crisps.
dinner - pan fried salmon, Thai rice & salad took about ten minutes to prepare & back to the TV/Olympics to watch Bolt, bolt the 200m.

I cleaned the house "from top to bottom" before the heat of the day & made up beds - Peter is visiting tomorrow & O & the twins are doing a sleepover on Saturday.
It feels good when all is spic & span, even if it won't last for long.
All of the family are here for Sunday lunch, so some shopping needed.

I was invited to play tennis on Saturday morning, which I'm looking forward to - I may even cycle there if there's not a breath of wind!

J & Th here - cutting & sticking Olympic pictures as respite from tearing round the garden, at the moment.
G wants the laptop to source the Lotus bit repairers that he saved on it last week.
Enjoy the sunshine - even hot in CPH!  

2 comments:

William said...

glad to hear that you're playing so much tennis. You can challenge J to a game when you come over

Anonymous said...

can I sneak my racquet into hand luggage?
m