Wednesday 15 August 2012

Summer?

Only one laptop now works, so I have to await my turn!
A busy weekend, with the rare delight of Peter's company & P, A, J & Th on Sunday.
The weather has been really good until this afternoon, when it rained cats & dogs, flooding the yard in minutes.
I played tennis on Saturday morning, with the big boys & girls.
I played "like someone else", as my friend Carole says & won both sets with my partner - the first mixed doubles I've played for thirty years - male partners can think that only they can play winners!
Played with the ladies  on Mon am & again this morning - good fun.
Yesterday morning we went to Bigwoods' Auction house in Tiddington, near Stratford, with Peter & a boot load of goods to value/sell.
Stephen Kay, one of the auctioneers, spent a good hour with us, valuing, listing & discussing  - quite excited at a few items.
Fascinating.
They appear on "Flog it", regularly - S Kay is a very large man.
He doesn't like Flog it or being on TV!
He also thought that my 19th century Masons porcelain bowl may be a fake.
He may be right - it was £10 at a charity shop,
The lesser goods are in the general sale on Friday, the rest in the collectors sale on 28 Sept, which we may get to.
We went on to Stratford, had coffee in the sunshine at the theatre, by the river &  a potter around, before coming home for lunch.  
Peter left us & we spent the afternoon gardening.
Still eating cold chicken, as I over-catered on Sunday!

No comments: