Tuesday 21 August 2012

Home again.

Tennis was rained off on Monday so I packed a bag to go & see JR, as we had a couple of days free & G was going to work on the lotus.
Before I got to Coleshill, I made the rather selfish decision that I would visit aj instead - no one else knew of my plans anyway - so turned towards the M42 instead.
My mobile phone allowed only emergency calls & obviously did not realise that calling aj rated as an emergency, so I arrived at 12.30pm, unannounced.
Aj was out!
I walked to JS & put money on my phone, which didn't help, then walked into Acomb, seeking aj/to buy rubber gloves & secateurs so that I could tidy the environment if I didn't make contact.
As it was, aj had popped out for vitals, found the car at home, when she returned & set off to find me.
She was successful!
We went back for lunch then caught the bus into York, pottered, then had afternoon tea at M&S, a birthday present, compliments of aj's M&S Premier membership.
Thank you M&S - sandwiches & a clotted cream tea - scrummy.
(We had a very light supper to balance the calories) 

This morning we went to Wetherby to potter - a favourite trip.
We went home for lunch then did York by bus. Fortunately aj took an umbrella as there was a deluge with water pouring down the streets.
The O2 shop sorted my phone - static on the sim card??
We went to buy aj some Fitflop shoes in Jones sale, without success but  I bought some Ecco gortex trainers, reduced from £105 to £29.
Wow!
I came home after supper, a good time to travel as there was little traffic.
The heavens opened for the last half hour, which slowed progress down.
A great couple of days - saved aj from drudgery for a while!

Day out tomorrow - G to the dentist for a repair job.

No comments: