Monday 27 August 2012

A day off.

Windy & wet today, too wet to garden, so G is working in the garage.

I am unaccountable!
I've spent the morning going through the wardrobe, sorting out jeans/trousers to just keep those that fit, store the odd pair of OS ones, as a precaution; some for the charity shop.
Whilst in the case under the bed I came across a dress that I've not worn for over forty years, then, just the once.
It fits!!
I phoned aj so she could guess what I was wearing; she got it in two.

Inspired, I tried my wedding outfit from 1995, which is a bit big.
G thinks i might wear it for D & E's wedding in May - not sure whether that's sentimentality or economy.

When asked if he'd marry me today, he said he would give it some thought!!!

Just had a wonderful lunch - note, no kale - followed by a nice cup Of tea & a sliver of b'day cake.

Yesterday I took the services at Sh and OW, then we went to a hog roast at Priory Farm in support of Elzabeth Finn Trust, where we met quite a lot of old friends made some new ones.
I had taken a large B'day cake to church, then wrapped up the remainder for friends, which we dropped off on the walk home.

Brilliant picture on the front of the DT of a knitted Prince Harry, in the buff, added to a display of knitted paraphernalia for the Royal Jubilee, in Saltburn, N Yorks.
It is all done anonymously by the "Saltburn Yarnbomber".

Take a look - I think she deserves a medal!

Off to Bicester later for a fun few days being entertained by T & KP..........
.  

2 comments:

William said...

Can't you limit the abbreviation of words to those which people actually want to be a bit anonymous like peoples names? The national newspapers and village name abbreviations just get confusing.

The suit looks a bit big and you can't wear white to a wedding (unless you're the bride)

Anonymous said...

It doesn't flatter, does it.
The white one is just there, pleased it fitted - not for wearing, really.
DT is a lot of letters!
m