Saturday 25 August 2012

Happy Birthday.......to aj & me.

On your birthday you should be able to do just what you want & be pampered all day, within reason.
I went down early, put the kettle on & phoned aj, sitting  in my favourite chair in the conservatory.
Just as she answered I noticed the front end of a small bat sticking out from under the settee!
I suspected it was a G joke, until it reversed & disappeared.
I gave it safe passage to a dark spot in the garden from where it has since moved on, so, presumably, it has survived.
I took G a cup of tea in bed, opened my cards & pressies - all brill, thanks - then got up.
We went to Warwick then on to Kenilworth to lunch at The Cross, in the old town, a favourite restaurant for lunch, on special occasions.
We went on to Kenilworth, to Waitrose, & bought beef wellington for dinner.
We have just eaten it, with runner beans & a nice bottle of St Emillion, followed by nectarines, b'day cake & coffee.
I made a v small cake for us & a large one for after Church tomorrow as Mary W's b'day was on Monday.

We've watched "Parade", I think, with Dom Cumberbach, on BBC i player.
Weird.

Services at Sh & OW in the morning then on to a Hog Roast at Manley's in aid of the Eliz Finn Trust, formerly, The Distressed gentlefolks association", which supported cousin Vine when she needed help.

A lot of rain today, on & off.
August isn't normally this wet, is it? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year, and all the best wishes for both af you twins. We are having a new look on those... I can see you have had a very nice day and remember the Kenilcastle.
Looking foreward to celebrate when we will see ....
T

tim said...

get grandad up to put the kettle on and push you down the stairs!
its your birthday is grandad lying in?