Friday 13 July 2012

Summer?

A busy day - helping to decorate the church for friends wedding on Saturday - it took five hours!!
Knackered by the time we'd finished & I'd cleaned from top to bottom.
Henrys are OK, but much harder work than Dyson, as you have to provide the pressure.
Better than a dustpan & brush.
Came home, had a cup of tea followed by two hours in the garden, tidying up after the storm last week, which washed soil from the rockery & blew leaves & twigs off everything.
The rain came down as soon as I hung the washing out, so it had a good soaking whilst I gardened, expecting it to blow over.
I do hope that the weather in Cornwall has been better today to allow some time on the beach.
Lotus in tomorrow for MOT, so fingers crossed.
I have some shopping to do as there is hardly any food in the house, then to Solihull to pick up J & Th.
Christian Aid AGM in the evening, I'll send apologies & go to Jan's Cookery event, which must be more fun & needs support - don't we all!
The wedding on Saturday - shall I wear "my" wedding suit, just to show it fits, or do I need another new outfit? 

2 comments:

William said...

Non stop rain all day yesterday, we went to Plymouth to see the aquarium and to do some shopping.
Got new shoes for the kids and soaked a couple of times

Anonymous said...

Sorry.
I'm preparing a sermon on St swithun - his day on Sunday (40 days of rain, if it rains! - it won't)
Feels good here, rain stopped.
m