Tuesday 24 July 2012

Hot, hot,hot.

Wow!
Real heat today,requiring us to have a siesta this afternoon.
Fortunately, I was up early & sot loads done - ironing catch up, everything removable from the bed stripped, washed, line dried & back on the bed in hours.
We set about finishing the jobs in the garden, ready for the Charity Lunch on Sunday.
G finished the yard - sweeping silver sand into the cracks, I swept everything vertical - doors, windows, etc, washed the paintwork, & cleaned the windows on both sides.
Primrose's stable is worth another star!
We are having games on the lawns & a bric- a - brac stall on the yard & seating, so  we want it to look good.
Shaws & Woodwards came to lunch - roast pork, followed by apple sponge & ice cream.
Scrummy. I did have a little bit of pudding, the weight going down well.
We sat & chatted over coffee, then read the papers, in the garden until it cooled down, about 5.30pm, then gardened again.
Only the bed at the top of the garden to do at some point.
G to London tomorrow, tennis for me & then either a day at home or shopping.
See how I feel.

I think the Olympics will be amazing.
I hope the border people don't strike, seems almost traitorous to consider it.    

No comments: