Monday 16 July 2012

Guess what....

It's raining heavily.
That surely can't be it for another forty days.
Tennis off, so I've had a late breakfast, watching mindless TV & the rain on the windows - quite relaxing actually, after a busy weekend.
We went to a wedding at Shustoke church then on to the reception & evening caileadgh, on Saturday.
I had my hair done & wore my new "nude" lace dress, with matching shoes & bag, & felt good.
At a quick glance, I may well have looked naked!
It was a lovely family occasion.
On Sunday I took the service at NW, G helped to prepare the lunch for the available family, P's friend, Claire & boyfriend - twelve in all.
Scrummy chickens from M&S followed by "self build" meringue nests.
T marked me down for serving new potatoes, not roast, not made up for by roast parsnips & carrots.
Masses of Scones & Scotch pancakes were consumed at teatime, to finish the rest of the cream, alongside P's chocolate b'day cake - 29, I believe!

G is going to Solihull for a meeting, then on to collect J & Th - he has declined my offer to assist, so any minute now, as soon as he's left, I shall spring into action & clean the house, from top to bottom!
I'm not allowed to vacuum when G is about as he doesn't like the noise!!

We have just watched some cowboy builder programme - dumbos who paid £25,000 up front for a leaking dormer frame to be botched in their roof, a further £6000 to have the roof made waterproof, then a further £8000 to take the now unemployed builder to court to get a settlement of £5 a week for 40 years.
These programmes have so many reprises that you could get an A* GCSE in the details - 15 minutes programme condensed into an hour.
OK, so daytime TV is for the elderly & infirm with the memory span of a golden orf.
I do hope that it's hot & sunny in Cornwall - wish I was there! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orf, orfe with her head, Ide say. Deaf people do not hear a vacuum they live in one.

Anonymous said...

I thought that it didn't look right, orfe it is then!
G