Friday 20 July 2012

home again.

I was wondering where the week had gone to, as no blog since Monday.
I've remembered.
We went to Marsh Gibbon on Tuesday, to visit J, G & family & G to have  his back treated, then on to Bicester.
G & I travelled in separate cars, like the royal family, only in our case it was because G was coming home before me.
We met at Stratton Audley, at The Red Lion, for lunch, then on to Bicester to the garden centre, which is brilliant, then G to MG whilst I collected T & KP from school.
We did meet up later for dinner with E & a sleepover.
I spent a great couple of days, doing the school runs - walks actually, which is far preferable - & entertaining myself during the hours in between. Thursday was dry so I managed a day in the garden & have the offer of commissions from the neighbours - I think that it may have been seeing me trimming the edges with the kitchen scissors that impressed them.
I drove home last night, picking up a large fish & small chips at Meriden, to share for supper, with tartare sauce & a glass of cold white wine.

Today we went to the Jewellery Quarter - no sign of our stuff - then on to pick up J & Th from school.
Home by 7.00pm, a nice smoked salmon sandwich & salad & a lazy evening.
I have a sermon to complete for Sunday; we hope to spend a day in the garden tomorrow, weather permitting. 

No comments: