Tuesday 28 February 2012

Happy Birthday JR.

I've just returned from Cambs, visiting cousin JR, who was 88 today.
No mean achievement, or fortunate in his choice of parents, however you look at it.
The local, elderly farmers all seem to agree that he certainly wasn't lucky in his choice of father, who was regarded as notable mainly for his argumentative nature.
His treatment of JR, his only child, has obviously affected his entire life, right down to his bachelor state.
Strangely, Uncle J  was always most charming to us as little girls, although we were aware that Granny  avoided contact with him.
Anyway, we had a good day - out to lunch at The Rose in Stapleford - recommended - then home for a birthday tea with eight locals in attendance to help out with the cake.

That has accounted for the last two days.
The new kitchen recycling bin arrived from Amazon yesterday & G installed it in the kitchen cupboard.
It's pretty good & robust, with two bins - 20 litre for waste & 30 litre for paper & plastic.
This may revolutionise my life!
Tennis tomorrow - I hope that you all watched Horizon tonight. If not, watch it on i player.
Apparently, 3 minutes intense exercise a week & not sitting down, is the answer to fitness & health.
This is a very abridged version!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Started to watch but fell asleep as I was sitting down.

Anonymous said...

Not lying then?
g

William said...

I think it is important to realise that it should be 100% effor for that time. I do a 4 minute workout that makes me feel faint and sick (8x20 seconds 100% effor then 10 seconds rest) It's not 3 minutes jogging!

You can't use iplayer outside the UK as I would like to have seen the program.

Anonymous said...

I'll see if we can keep it somehow - sure to be on favorites.
Not for me - low energy expended on everything except vacuuming!
m

Anonymous said...

W.The prog made that very evident.
and it wasn't really suggesting that was the only thing one needs to do - it pointed up the trigger mechanism to achieve the benefits.
G

Anonymous said...

Can we record from the favorites list?
The 20 sec was a killer - hot me jigging......(that should be jogging!)