Friday 2 March 2012

Points.

We went to the ballet last night at The Hippodrome in B'ham - 2 ballets by Frederick Ashton ;
"Daphnis & Chloe" & "The two Pigeons".
The first went on a bit (G slept), the second was brilliant - dancers portraying  - you've guessed it - pigeons & gypsy dancers.
Wonderful costumes & fast.
We pottered in the morning & then did the school run for J & TH, looking rather better-dressed than normal!
G is getting the "Talbotmobile" on the road/yard ready for Mothering Sunday, when we hope for a mass invasion. I am putting the spare room back together, which involved a trip to the charity shop with excess clothes, & a number more to make, I would guess.
It's the security of having wardrobes full of clothes that you once enjoyed wearing, but know that in reality you'll never wear again.
It's also good to have space, &, as Bart Simpson once said (so aj once told me) "You can either have things or space"
I aim to have a little more space.
I was so lazy on Wednesday that I didn't bore you with the details - washing, ironing, crossword & pootling.
I may have done more, I forget!

Lovely day here again.
G off to P & A's to do a shower repair - I suggest a hammer it to bring forward the obvious decision about an elderly, frequently leaking through the kitchen ceiling device.

Tibor Reich - a name to conjure with.
A textile artist who worked at Denby Pottery in the 1960s
We put the TV on late on Wed evening - old Antiques Roadshow - collection of his works, called "Tigo ware", including a copy of a plate that I have - bought some years ago because it was so distinctive, worth several hundred pounds
Yes, yes, yes!

Just remembered, J & CH came to dinner on Wed, I spent quite a while on a new menu!
Not such a bore after all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

An original plate from a limited run really - not a copy!

Anonymous said...

Stuff or Space Doh !

Anonymous said...

So that proves that if you buy enough tat- then one day, one thing will be worth keeping!

CEng

Gill said...

I do not buy tat, every purchase is an object of desire.
CEng has no soul.
m

Anonymous said...

We'll leave it all to you!
BTW there us still a load of tat we've been storing for a decade, when would you like it?