Saturday 29 October 2011

Fall back.

Not a comment on our relationship, but the fact that the clocks go back tonight.
There is the annual debate about the benefits of this.
Personally, I shall just rearrange my life to take place an hour later, where possible.

Yesterday I went to Balsall Common for my free facial, courtesy of the daily Telegraph.
I eventually found the establishment - a small semi on a housing estate, the curtains closed (10.00am), a pushchair by the door & childrens voices.
I rang the bell twice & then left, confident that I would not have a relaxing half hour.
Thanks, DT.
I food shopped in Solihull - P,A, J&Th for dinner & folk for lunch on Sunday.
A had a day off so we did not have the planned day with J & Th, but they had time to make pumpkin lanterns with G.
We ate dinner by lantern light - a first!

Tonight is the Fireworks Party at DMP, which we enjoy.
Nowadays the fireworks are followed by a meal in the Hamilton suite, rather than at the house - too much mud & outer clothing, I guess.

Apparently, the 3 things that make people most happy are:
1. finding a £10 note in a pocket of old clothes
2. going on holiday
3.getting into bed with ......clean sheets
I go with 3, & you can do it twice a week!

Michael D Higgins is the new President of Ireland, they have opted for a poet rather than a murderer, a dragon or a passe pop singer.
A bit of a "no-brainer". I would have thought.

3 comments:

William said...

And you can spend the next month saying "well of course really it's (current time plus 1 hour)"

Have fun at the fireworks (don't be early)

Gill said...

Not going.
G not too good in the gut area - asleep under his laptop.
m

tim said...

did you fall backwords?