Tuesday 13 July 2010

Stuff OFSTED!











When I retired one great relief was that I would never face another Ofsted.
I was wrong.
Staff were all called to the staffroom at break yesterday to tell us that two inspectors would be in today for the day, concentrating on maths & English; all visits to year 10 pupils on work experience cancelled for two days. I explained to the Head that it was my only free time as I only work 3 days.
Bloody marvellous.
Today I had intended to visit a placement in Coleshill before school & then leave school at lunchtime to visit two placements in Birmingham.
I settled for working until 11.00pm, a sleepless night, early morning & high stress throughout.
We survived, I left at lunchtime, came home & did my year 10 visits with G, then went to the jewellery Quarter, came home for an early meal, two glasses of wine & a long sleep on the settee.
We had a great weekend, Friday with Jessie & Thomas, a sleepover at B& E's in order to catch T's Stagecoach performance on Saturday morning, without getting mixed up with the Silverstone traffic, then onto J & G's then home.
Sunday was P's birthday, we had a lunch party, in the garden with lots of important people!
The weather was fantastic .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a wonderful day on Sunday - it was a great birthday! How lucky were we with the weather? Can't believe it's gone downhill so quickly!

Hope Ofsted wasn't too stressful...? See you Friday
Pxx

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed it.
Thanks for the flowers!