Thursday 6 August 2015

My lucky cat!



This is my lapis lazuli cat, a little damaged and short on ears but a beautiful colour - she doesn't photograph well!
I bought her in a charity furniture shop in Wales, on a shelf of tat, 4 items for a pound, and thought she may be old and certainly charming.
I have just sold her on an e bay auction for £12.45 + £3.30 p&p.
Not a great deal, but a very good return and good to know that she will be appreciated.
Since that sale , half an hour ago I have sold my roulette wheel with leather box of chips for more than twice what I paid for it at Hansons, and a Midwinter soup cup and plate, Mexicana pattern, if you are interested, for 4xcost, bought yesterday.
It may not make me a fortune, but is very pleasing.
Charitable recycling by connecting things of beauty with people who love them.

The following picture shows some other bargains from yesterday which I hope may have a similar future.
Can you recognise them?
I did buy six Stuart crystal sundae dishes (£2.99) that are so beautiful that I may have to keep them, at least for a while.


Yesterday was spent partly in Bromsgrove collecting car parts and breakfasting at a "greasy spoon"
Few spoons and little grease, but OK.
Today I visited Margaret in Coventry, we trained as Readers together 27 years ago.
After catching up on two years chatting we lunched at a local pub with her son, an archeologist.
Fascinating.
One chicken has gone awol tonight so have spent a while searching.
I hope she's in a tree.

Back to the grind tomorrow.

Answer to Q - 2 Stuart Woodchester and 2 Stuart Glengarry wine glasses, 80p each.

No comments: