Tuesday 18 August 2015

Can one have too much of Marks and Spencer's?

I would have thought not, but, having spent yesterday having a fun day in Solihull with Jan and visited Ventura Park today, I may have seen enough of M&S for a while.
Then again.....
Yesterday we talked our way into Dugdale Court for a tour around the show retirement apartments.
Real wow factor and I was wearing the M&S T shirt bought with the £10 voucher they had given me for viewing last week.
I have since received another invitation through the post, but guess that they won't keep rewarding me.
Jan was very impressed and our friend Rosemary does the treatments in the Spa there, all very swish.

We went on to Solihull, coffee in Pret a Manger, then M&S, potter around, back to Pret for a snack, more shopping, M&S then home.
Pretty perfect day, talked all day, multi topics in every sentence and no complaints.
Why do men have to have prior warning of a change of topic?

I did somehow lose my M&S bag of clothes carefully selected and bought, Jan lost her wallpaper sample from Laura Ashley, but on return to M&S, they had been handed in.
Brilliant.
I did buy an amazing Max Mara silk suit, brown with poppies, now on e bay.

Today I eventually went to Dordon to return the wheel bearing to Eurocarparts, bought in Acocks Green last week, wrong ones supplied.
Sat av wouldn't take the postcode or street, so drove to Dordon and asked........ The one man who knew exactly where it is, right down to the third roundabout on Birch Coppice ....
I went on to Ventura Park to check if M&S there may have a Top to match the spicy brown patterned linen trousers I'd bought at M&S.
No luck, or in the other horrible dress shops that abound.
Obvious answer - I bought a pair of fuchsia linen trousers and will return the others.
Home via Jan & Chris'  to see Geoff the plumber and how the makeover's going?
It will be amazing......soon.

Chicken in oven, washing in and out, big mug of tea, what else could you need for complete contentment?

No comments: