Wednesday 12 August 2015

M1 roadworks.......

The journey to York took well over 2.5 hours due to the roadworks/50mph limit for most of the M1 bit that I needed, it usually takes 1.75 hours.
It was a joy to get onto the M18 and get a move on.
Arrived well before lunch, had coffee, lunch then AJ drove us to Acomb for a look around before catching the bus into York.
I spent my "Dugdale Court" M&S voucher +a bit, checked out shops and had tea in M&S to celebrate.
Back on the bus, dinner of steak and "New Tricks".
We guessed the end.
Dennis Waterman to be replaced by Larry Lamb.
Team of sad very old men who wouldn't worry anyone, being retired, one by one, and replaced with younger weirdos.

Today we went to Selby and pottered around the charity shops whilst enjoying the sunshine and listening to the foul language of the locals.
We visited AJ's favourite shops on the way home, having amassed a bag of bargains.
AJ went to play in a tennis match, I've gardened, clearing the side of the drive to make it about a metre wider and attacking the lawn, pulling out foot high plantains before mowing some of it.

Warning re automatic garage doors: AJ clicked the button to open the door before reaching the drive, unaware that I was just walking out of the garage, hence the door tried to close on me.
Shucks!
I did think that I'd cut my knee, having felt damp and seen a red stain on my shorts and leg.
On inspection, in the light, I had squashed a cherry.
Stain tasted OK.

Wether by tomorrow, then home.

No comments: