Monday 15 December 2014

The many delights of Laura Ashley!

Having had a great response to my last blog, I decided that the title was a good one, so have used it again, with minor changes, to reflect today's activities.
Today was the last J and Th pick up day before Xmas, just J actually, as Th went home with a friend then back to football practice.
I left home early to visit Dorridge for a facial - a rare treat - my first visit since the new JS opened.
This replaces the sad old shopping precinct, has a roof car park and underground shop with a rather strange smell.
The car park's good and even has an attendant to direct you to a space.
I seemed to have lost the plot after that as I wandered around Solihull for a couple of hours, failing to buy anything off my list.
I was saved by Laura Ashley in Homebase at Monkspath  on the way home - I stopped off to buy some Xmas tree baubles, having used all of mine on the trees at church.
I bought wonderful baubles along with lots of other brilliant things that I wouldn't have thought of.

Charles Hanson returns tomorrow for a Valuation day in the Parish Hall - tea, coffee and biscuits bought, raffle prizes ready, just the tables and chairs to put out, in the morning and hope that the punters turn up. 

No comments: