Friday 11 May 2012

Age

I'm really a morning person - I've just hung out the washing & had a walk around the garden, all before 7.00am.
It's a beautiful morning & after all of the rain the garden looks wonderful - bluebells, white bells & lily of the valley flowering in abundance, the polyanthus filling the beds under the bay windows after decorating the church for Mothering Sunday,  the rhododendron in full flower & everything having had a growth spurt.
I put in 20 plants last week, ordered from the Telegraph.
The labels weren't too clear & I think that they may not be where I intended - I have just noted the dwarf lupins in the bed by the gateway, I'm a little concerned about the whereabouts of the delphiniums!
I wonder if my loss of interest in shopping, delight in the garden & pleasure in spending a day at home may be part of the ageing process.
I'm delighted to have a day off today, having been to college 4 times last week & 3 days this week - all at the request of the students, 2 - 4 hours a session 7 a fair bit of preparation - plus the 25 mile round trip.
Two articles in yesterday's paper said that older people are happier the more activities in which they take part, especially if they do voluntary work, & if they enjoy what they have in life alongside being adventurous.
Apart from stating the ...... obvious, I reckon I could tick all of the boxes - I can even regard the college work as voluntary at £22 per hour, chalk face time only.

Prince Charles did a weather forecast yesterday - a long held ambition, apparently.
I'm trying to think a a similar ambition that I can work towards - none has come to mind yet.
I'm watching morning TV; not sure it's a good idea, bit like the daily Mail! 

No comments: