Thursday 8 December 2011

Lit up.

I thought you would find my days lacking in excitement, so fear to blog.
Anyway, a quick resume of the last two days - mornings catching up , preparing notes for Sunday's sermon, e mails, post, etc.
I have spent both afternoons from noon until 7.30pm, at church, so that those who have paid for a Christmas tree, can come & decorate them.
This has been a great success, people there most of the day, helping, sharing, drinking coffee & clearing up.
The church is now lit by18 trees, 17 beautifully decorated, plus the one I did, on a high window sill - I'm really pleased with the result.
Yesterday was very cold, today a degree warmer - I wore a lot of clothes!
One large tree left to be potted & decorated, then we're open all weekend, serving teas & Christmas cakes - fruit, pannetone, pandoro, stollen chocolate logs & mini rolls for the kids.

Lady Dugdale popped in for coffee this morning, for an hour, as she had been not been able to attend the "Coffee & Cakes" morning. She is charming - her son was at school with W.
Not fallen asleep yet - no milky drink as I left the milk at church.
Bother.

2 comments:

William said...

Church in more trees than congregation shocker!

Anonymous said...

I hope not - i'll let you know tomorrow.
m