Tuesday 4 August 2009

Rain, rain, bugger off.

It has rained all day.
Where on earth does it all come from? (I do know about the water cycle)
We were decorating all day, so the weather didn't stop us, but it would have been nice to walk around the garden in the sunshine at some point.

We have papered the study ceiling & the end of the hall & made a pretty good job of them.
We then showered - I was coated with paste, having been paster & balancing the paper on my head in the study whilst G did the clever stuff & papered the ceiling.
We went to Wing Wah in Coventry, for a meal - no catering here today - only coffee & a biscuit for lunch, then on with the job.
WW does buffet style food, masses of good food, eat as much as you like.
We were very moderate, both being health/weight conscious; there were a lot of people there who obviously got their moneys worth!
We taped "Coast" while we were out. This was a first as G thought that he didn't know how to record.
He did.

I bought a combination cooker from the Co-op, on the Internet this morning.
Beat that.
The light in the combi/ microwave stopped working about a year ago, then the turntable stopped going round, then, last week, the microwave function stopped working, then the clock.
We were left with just a little oven.
I read the reviews on Panasonic combi ovens, they scored one *, with all the faults ours had, plus a number of others.
In comparison, Sharp scored 5* from nearly all of the reviewers.
The Co-op was £15 cheaper than John Lewis, with free delivery tomorrow.
Brill.
I hope I like it.
I shall be able to warm up my hot drinks when they have gone cold, & cook Count on us meals again.
Tennis in the morning, if weather permits, then painting.
The postman staggers up the drive every morning laden down with parcels for WM.
We are holed up in a corner of the lounge, surrounded by this ever increasing pile of boxes.
Does MK know of his Internet habits?

Anybody want thre George Forman or a dozen pairs of trousers, 40 waist. 31 leg?

2 comments:

William said...

Thankfully some of the boxes don't contain things for me, but the kids and maybe even her, I can't remember! I think it has all been delivered now, thanks for the warehousing service.
Have you booked any flights yet?

Gill said...

Another one yesterday - the postman ran away with it before we could get to the door, so G collected it from Coleshill.
No.
Didn't stay awake long enough to book it .
I'll book tomorrow, when I can get on the proper laptop, not this toy!
m