Sunday 26 April 2009

Whew!


This was my fault, I told him to smile, T was in shock & I trembled.


Reading the instructions on the hand cleanser.




Reading the post - no cheques!

Today looks like another fantastic day - blue sky, bright green foliage in all directions, the bluebells are in full bloom & our resident cock pheasant has moved in two lady friends. They are all feeding on the field, under the study window, awaiting this mornings offering of burnt toast.
OK, so it takes a special skill to burn toast with a Dualit toaster.
I have it!
It's a travelling rug, not a kilt.

G is on the mend, slowly. He can move around a little with a great deal of groaning. This does enable me to know where he is, when not in bed!
I am considering a new blog, "Arrrggghhh", on which to post the daily photos that I am required to take so that he can view his damage from all angles (almost).
I feel that this could become compulsive viewing & I may win "Blogger of the decade".

On Friday P brought Thomas over here for the day, we played & had a nice snooze on the settee before returning to Solihull to collect Jessie, play some more & have tea.
In the evening, G rose from his sick bed to go to a Tamworth Boxing Club do at DMP, guest of CB.
I fetched & carried, almost literally. The glass of wine I had planned with my "Count on us" meal is still in the bottle.

Yesterday I spent most of the morning on today's sermon then steam cleaned the floors downstairs before lunch & running errands for G.
If anyone fancies eating off the floor, this is the place to come!
We went to Gill & Andrew's for a meal last night, with Carolyn & Graham - a lot of catching up & chuckling.

Up & off to church shortly, just checking on the significance of hot cross buns (G has two ha, ha) Apparently they were moon buns, with the four seasons, before we took them over for the significance of the cross.
We've had moon buns in Asia - I think that they re for new year. Better check.
Steve & Di for dinner tonight - slow cooked shoulder of lamb in tomatoes, herbs & red wine, from May Good Food magazine.
Have a great day in the sun.
(9986 hits - nearly there)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell AJ I had a go at baking a rhubarb and clotted cream cake. It was, if I say so myself (and I do! modest as ever) a triumph and Ben and I have posted off the recipe and a couple of photos to Good Food, so watch this space!!
E

Anonymous said...

The power of doughty thinking. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that I am innovative enough to enter - where do the rhubarb & clotted cream go?
g