Saturday 11 April 2009

I'm back!

I spent my week off in Minehead with a big part or the family.
It was really nice, much more attractive than I had remembered from 30 years ago.
We went on the beach nearly every day & built sandcastle cities,(designed by T, built by everyone else),played, drank hot chocolate & ate pasties.
G did long bike rides & we toured the locality on foot, by car & on the steam train.
Minehead is a charming little town with the older town on the hill, a second town on the quay & the new town, where the shops are.
We visited Watchet, Dunster, Selworthy & Cleeve Abbey - all delightful.
We took it in turns to cook the evening meal & scored as in "Come dine with me"
I think it was a draw, eventually.
G fetched a "Chinese" when it was his turn.
I'm not sure whose turn was the fish & chips, but they were very good, cooked to order.
AJ's highlight was the food.
T's was the steam train
G's was getting fit.
I just enjoyed it.
The others haven't yet declared/been asked.

Photos to follow.

6 comments:

Paula said...

We all had a fantastic week - thank you. Too many good things to choose from! Although one of the most fun things was taking part in 'Come dine with me' despite my husband ruining my scores by phoning during the meal!!! (Points deducted for answering the call - tut tut!!)
Worryingly A's highlight was seeing Dad in lycra....!

William said...

Has he shaved his legs yet?

Anonymous said...

Tim has taken his train timetable to Mandy's house to show her today.
I think my highlight was Tim and Jessie's theatre production, closely followed by Thomas' disco dancing!
Defintely the best location yet in my book, though they have all been very good for different reasons
E

Anonymous said...

Competitive catering raises the culinary standards unbelievably, and there is always the opportunity to try something new, e.g. eating thai curry and carrying a rucksack, fortunately not both at the same time.

Anonymous said...

just proves, you're never too old to try something new!
G looks very good in lycra - next year we'll get A in lycra as well, B has some, his Mr Bean gear.
No, G has not shaved anything below chin level.
g

Anonymous said...

Clearly wasn't worth the bikini wax
as nobody seems to have noticed!.