Monday 4 August 2008

The Queen Mum's birthday.

A warm morning with a little breeze, ideal for tennis.
I left in time to collect W's parcels from the sorting office & the Post Office - glad I didn't go on my bike!
I came home & had a poached egg for brunch & am now working up to getting out into the garden for some tidying up.



We went to Bournemouth at the weekend, to enjoy the seaside & check that all was well with J & G's flat.
The weather was much better than forecast, we walked down to Boscombe pier, where we ate our ham sandwiches, sitting on the deck, then on to Bournemouth along the prom, to the pier.



We bought tickets for the show at the pier theatre - "Rockin at Heaven's Door" - a tribute show to Elvis (who was about 6ft 7in), Roy Orbison, Eddie Cochrane, Buddy Holly, the big Bopper & Jerry Lee Lewis.
We watched the regatta from a bar on the prom adjacent to the rowing club (G aseep!), toured the town then walked back along the clif to Boscombe.



A fair old jaunt!
We walked back in the evening for the show (got the bus times wrong), which was great fun, had an Indian meal & took a taxi back.
The driver used sat nav, ended up down a narrow lane blocked for an ambulance, so walked the last half mile.
On Sunday we drove home via Christchurch & Lyndhurst.

I'm hoping to see B,E & family sometime this week, before flying to Denmark .

6 comments:

William said...

I'm impressed that you are playing tennis regularly. There is nothing wrong with dozing the afternoon away on the sofa, we have done little but doze for more than a week now. We are looking forward to letting you doze on our sofa in a week or so...

Anonymous said...

You said that I could have a bed!
I'm pant shopping for J so that he can wear as many pairs as he likes & still have spares.
I remember potty training his dad!
m

Anonymous said...

My source in Estonia says that everything about Tallin is wonderful (he may be biased!) and recommends 'Gloria' restaurant as the place to eat(he has sent me a separate review which i can print off for you)
E

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary August 5th
wrm

Anonymous said...

it was the 5th where I was when I posted the comment.
We had a great meal in Tallin too - details later if you want.
Wrm

Anonymous said...

Don't expect to reach Tallin, now, but ever hopeful that we may get somewhere interesting.
g