Saturday 9 August 2008

09/08/08

So I missed the big date, although I had spotted it coming before the Chinese did (I suspect).
I spent Wednesday in Bicester with Tim & KP.
We went to the Teddy Bears' Picnic, which had animals, stalls, a bouncy slide, puppet theatre......
Tim had a "lucky dip", he cheated!
He went down the monster slide 4 times, despite it being "very steep".
KP slept through this.
We then watched the puppet shows - all three of them, 12.00pm, 1.00pm, 2.00pm.
Tim was engrossed, KP shouted all of the responses with great gusto & a big smile - "behind you" etc.
We had our pic-nic & eventually arrived home at tea-time.
We met B at 6.0pm to buy T's school shoes.
The staff in the Clarke's shop will remember T!

I drove to Cambs to see cousin JR on Thursday morning, using the sat-nav. E said that there were a lot of roundabouts - one every mile or so for 50 miles, I estimate.
Even the sat-nav was saying "Another bloody roundabout in 1.2 miles, take the second exit"
JR had BT & security system problems which took up most of Thursday & Friday, with engineers from each alternating visits & denying responsibility.
We did buy JR a new mobile phone & set it up (laughter)
I arrived home in the evening & had some beautiful sunflowers from W & MK

Today has been cool & wet.
We went to Solihull to collect a nappy bin for D & food shop. I have since written tomorrow's sermon (walking on water) & we have dined a la M&S (scrummy!)
G has a new Eeepc with a 7in screen - a little less than average, I guess!
We have taken photos which I will post after this, then go to bed.

No comments: