Tuesday 30 October 2007

Whatever happened to Monday?









In order to calm down after the excitement of Saturday, we spent most of Sunday afternoon(or so it felt) changing our energy supplier.
Scottish power (who else!) claim that our on-line account with them will be £456 per annun cheaper than British gas/Npower are at present. Whoopee!
G can also have the pleasure of being "meter-man" & posting his results.

Sunday was "Fireworks Spectacular" at Drayton Manor Park.
The fireworks were all fantastic, especially the final one, which filled the whole sky & took minutes to fall to earth.
Apparently, it contained 60kg of explosives (I might have that wrong) & such monsters were made illegal immediately afterwards.
Photo 3 may have some historical significance to the pyrotechnics industry!

Monday, completed the Citizenship course, took it to Swad & spent 3 hours copying /completing. Used the Sat Nav! She only made one mistake, when I ended up in a building site, hard hat zone, & had to do a bit of crafty manoevering to get out.
Oh, & it fell off, so I listened to instructions from the passenger foot-well, on the way back.
I went to the gym & had my induction + a great workout & swim - I have been offered "spinning Classes".
This must be a new cult.
Apparently you use a bike!
Arrived home at 8.00pm (new time), knackered.

8 comments:

William said...

Busy days. How is 8:00pm new time different from old time? Apart from it being darker.

Anonymous said...

8:00pm is the new 9:00 pm, spring forward,fall back.If ths doesn't make you dizzy, spinning will. ajen

Anonymous said...

Ah, The cooling towers of Ferrybridge 'C' which interestingly is a sister site to Didcot 'A' in boiler and coal mill terms, and is one of the older 2000MW stations. The A and B station buildings now contain the NPower workshops.

Anonymous said...

How VERY interesting!.Both A & B -must be a VERY large workshops.
I must remember to pass that information on.

Anonymous said...

I must have fallen asleep!
Anyway, I thought that Ben might get excited at the photo of....Cooling Towers!

The clock says 8.00pm, my body thinks 9.00pm.
Great, am, not so great, pm.
I will not mention this again.
In about two weeks they will have synchronised.
I was very stiff this morning, nothing that a bit of stretching & two hours housework couldn't sort.
m

Anonymous said...

Changing the clocks seems to have agreed with Katie. She now sleeps through for 12 hours at a time. I must remember to make my fortune by writing a book about this holy grail of advice at some point.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to wrap it a bit - just wait until yhe last Sunday in October would be a slim volume.
g

Anonymous said...

Thanks to George W Bush we are not changing our clocks until the first Sunday in November! - coming up soon
I think he even had a convincing argument for doing it - rare for anything HE ever did
WRM