Thursday 10 July 2014

Whew! Heatwave in Bicester.

A baking 32 degrees when I returned to the car, left by Bicester Library for a couple of hours during the day.
I wish that I could say that I'd been working in the Library on my services for Sunday (Matt 10 = parable/allegory of the sower), actually I parked there to walk across to B Village for coffee in Pret, a look in the Radley shop (disappointing) and a potter around the town before coming back to collect KP from school, T being involved in the school play.
Years 5 and 6 put on a modern version of "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
It was brilliant - some real talent and such stamina - the show lasts one and a half hours, two performances yesterday and a third this afternoon.

Yesterday was a day of culture as I went to Th's school play - a year 2 production of "The Wizard of Oz" - another triumph - word perfect and excellent diction and singing by such little people.

I have brilliant grandchildren - three amazing end of year reports seen so far and more to come.

This morning I surprised myself with my navigational skills - 3 3point turns and two referrals to passers by to find the PO parcels depot, where I have been a number of times in the past.

More fun and games tomorrow.

No comments: