Monday 15 April 2013

Spring?

The weather is certainly warmer - 10 degrees when I released the chicks this morning, but a cool breeze still. With all of this in a chicks favour, why do they not get into productive mood? i had to buy eggs again on saturday to make cakes for after church - Family Service, on Sunday. It has been very hectic, with grandchildren here & there - great fun, but I must do some housework now, to make up for time off. I took the car in for a service on Friday & then frittered away the day in warwick & Alcester until tea-time. £450 poorer I went on to Bicester, to accompany B tto the Didcot A memorial/closedown party. It was a good party with some interesting folk & helped B to get over me having locked us out of the house as we left - I thought I had the key..... He did some manly abseiling tricks & was delighted to find just how secure the house was. We later found a friend with a key. We shopped on sat morning, ready for hectis weekends. I took three services yesterday - Family Service at Sh, Mattins at OW & Evening Prayer at Sh again - the first evening service for many years, & quite well attended, thanks in part to the bell ringers turning out to announce that we were there. Empty bin so I'm planning a thorough cleaning day....upstairs, at least, unless I get any better offers.

No comments: