Wednesday 17 April 2013

A better offer!

Well I did get a better offer on Monday, so not so much housework done - perhaps G will do it when he returns from holiday, in fine fettle - he has completed hi climb up & descent from Everest Basecamp & is now touring in Nepal, with friends. Sounds good. Meanwhile, on the home front, I collected J & Th from school on Monday, at short notice, so that I could go on to Bicester afterwards & have a day with T, who has a viral infection. We had a peaceful day, doctors, a potter around Bicester, bought lunch at M&S, then home to cook & eat. He was fully recovered by tea-time! I have a gas engineer here, putting right the very poor job done last Friday by the previous engineer. I am packing for my Fjordland cruise, finding clothes that fit as I am down to 10 st 8lb, having lost almost 3 st since last summer. I think that I still need an evening top to go with a couple of long skirts. The chickens are laying well. Hurray! I have some things to do in the village, but am housebound whilst the boiler is fixed, which will be a long job & the system will need bleeding afterwards. I am listening to Marg Thatchers funeral - a fitting tribute to a great PM - what she said, she meant, whether you agreed with her or not. Gym kit to pack - up & at it!

No comments: