Thursday 24 January 2013

Silvo

That's the smell on my hands, having cleaned enough cutlery to lay the table for 30 for tomorrow night - two sets of knives & forks +a dessert spoon + butter knife each. Knives - 3 each are at a premium - plenty of large but fewer butter knives. The tables are all in & lined up, awaiting the cloths & chairs. I went to Kenilworth this morning to collect the haggis & do the shopping at Waitrose. Everthing went well, with many of the things I wanted, reduced. I forgot the list but only missed couple of things. We now have: Smoked salmon & salmon pate (to make) Haggis, neeps, tatties & brocolli, served with whisky, mustard & cream sauce (to make) Crnachan or Tipsy Laird (trifle with mascapone & whisky) Cheese & biscuits tea/coffee with scottish Tablet. I'm going to cook some mince with vegetables in case anyone doesn't eat haggis. All going according to plan - easy cooking but a lot to serve up quickly. I'm still feeling well-blessed & smiling about yesterday's results.

No comments: