Saturday 12 January 2013

Retail Therapy.

How is it that men don't appreciate the calming effect of walking around nice shops, looking, even without buying? I started early today to get lots of jobs done so that i could escape for a few hours to potter in Knowle & Solihull. I had a great time - there & back within 5 hours! I do try to convince G that we should both have a day out each week so that the other can have the house to themselves & then have a day out together. I only bought a few bits & pieces, including two T shirts from M&S sale & dinner from the food hall. I've even painted my toe nails, which have dried whilst I sorted e mails. Apart from the excess stone, I feel pretty good, for a Granny! Cold weather forecast - the down coat's earned it's keep already. G has chopped piles of logs & manfully removed the bags of dog poo that some dog walker of dubious parentage, bags up & throws into the hedges in the lane, daily. I may put up posters tomorrow, requesting that they take their parcels home. Any suggestions for the wording?

No comments: