Wednesday 23 January 2013

All clear

Boobs, that is. I was called back for further tests following my mammogram a couple of weeks ago. As we were going away I put it off for a week & went to Walsgrave hospital this morning. You assess your stress levels on arrival - I reckoned mine as 10/10, but put 7/10, before having a chat with a nurse who explained that there were changes since the last tests, hence the recall. Only 1 in 15 women have a problem. So. I spent the waiting time counselling someone with stress leves of 12/10. You then have another mammogram, then an ultrasound - last had one when expecting B - then a biopsy, if necessary. I had the first two tests, then was declared fit- no problems - the best words I've heard for a long time. Apparently tissue can become folded during a mammogram, giving a dark area - a bit of spare tyre got into the picture, perhaps! Apart from the inevitable stress the service was excellent & the staff brilliant. We went on to MG to collect the kilts ready for Friday & spent a couple of hours with J & G, via Waitrose in Kenilworth to collect the haggis, then on to Bicester for a visit to Cotswold, Tog 24 & tea in the garden Centre. G is now fully equiped for Everest. We've had an Indian take-away, wine & a small box of chocolates for dinner, in front of the fire, celebrating the perfection of my body. Diet starts again tomorrow!

No comments: