Wednesday 24 October 2012

Passed the test.

I went to Solihull in the alternative volvo today - brill!
Quieter & smoother than it's older cousin.
We are deciding how to distinguish between them, in conversation - old & new, silver & black, RPO & JLU (Jesus Loves Us - love it), yours & mine?????
Any ideas?

We rolled out of bed early, well, 8.15am actually, but we had a late night owing to having fallen asleep on the settee, put on old clothes & raked up leaves for over two hours.
We cleared the yard, garden & this end of the field - 4 cu m of leaves shifted.
I reckon that we must be amazingly carbon negative, considering all of the CO2 utilised in the production of all those leaves.
A leaf-free environment = a happy G!
A bit like me & a clean, tidy house.

I made soup, cheese scones & rock cakes for lunch - Jan came so that we could get the advent festival letters sorted before a bigger meeting tomorrow.
I have to admit that I ate a scone - they are small. (&delicious)
I bought & posted J's b'day present in Solihull, drove to P & A's then walked to collect J from school.
We collected Th later, after football coaching, then cleared up after the gardener & cooked tea.
Their drive is like an emmental cheese as the gas Board lay new pipes to the house - they'll be filled in a couple of days, by different contractors, so I understood.
strange!

Grilled herring followed by chicken tikka  followed by a brandy before bed, to settle my stomach!
This is not a recommended combination!

No eggs again today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carbon negative unless you are burning the leaves. Although compacted under high pressure they may provide an alternate fuel source.

Anonymous said...

left to compost.
g